Friday, March 21, 2014

Newport News Park (3/21/2014)

I may be becoming a melancholic or sentimental old fool, or maybe it's the sciatica playing tricks with me (I am in pain!!), but during my walk in the woods this morning I came upon this scene. It's a scene I see frequently, but this time it filled me with love and just pure joy. It is a picture of one of the headwaters of the Warwick river (and yes I realize this is not the best picture I've ever taken). I had two thoughts running through my head. First it was what a friend of mine posted about us thinking we are the most intelligent creatures on this earth and the question is "why do we screw it up?". Secondly, I had to think about the phrase " Nature deficit disorder." Not so long ago I finished a book by Richard Louv called "The Nature Principle: Reconnecting with Life in a Virtual Age".  In the book Mr. Louv discusses this need for people to reconnect with nature. I really believe is we get more people out in nature there would be more respect for this earth and probably each other as well.


Also during our walk we ran into a heard of 20 or so deer, who were plotting how to take over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment