Sunday, June 22, 2014

Seaford Yacht Club (6/21/14)

This may be a lame picture for some of you, but it signifies progress to me.  As some of my readers will know, I am trying to restore (and sail) a 1979 Catalina 25 for the past few years.  Being people of modest means, we have to do it slow.  This is fine; we enjoy the sailing, although going to the bathroom on a Home Depot bucket is getting old for my wife.  We guys have it a bit easier I guess.  This year I have already replaced two of the 6 windows in the boat, and I feel comfortable now that I can finish the head (toilet) on the boat, so my wife gets something better. Last week's sail to the eastern shore with my friend gave me the idea of how to install our camping stove in the boat.  Yesterday I vacuumed the boat, in preparation for us sleeping on the boat last night.  This photo is just me trying to see if my camping stove fits on the location I think I want to mount it.  I will need to make a (removable?) shelf in that location, but that should be easy.  I'll post a picture once I have completed the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment