Monday, March 6, 2023

The goodbey tour begins, Virginia Beach (3/6/2023)

As I mentioned in my previous post, in-person teaching and travel season has started in earnest. This past week I was in Virginia Beach for the last time in my long career as an instructor for the State. It wasn’t even time to revisit the old haunts, instead I tried a few new things. One was a disappointment (Harpoon Larry’s) and one was a rousing success (Gringos Taqueria).  The first night I had a beer or two at the Smartmouth Brewery at the beach which makes good beer.  I was also looking forward to the pizza by the Bakehouse located in the brewery; however, this time they disappointed me by burning my pizza.  But overall, I enjoyed being out there again, doing my thing.

I have written a few posts about Virginia Beach in the past, ranging from complaining how folks don’t pay attention to their surroundings and just sit there or walk staring at their phones instead of enjoying the ocean front, to a discussion about the shooting at the municipal building a few years ago. That shooter actually was a colleague of mine 20 some years ago when I worked in the area.

I know Virginia Beach relatively well, so it is always fun to return, and see what is going on. What has changed, what stayed the same. Talk about old friends and colleagues (no murderers please).

Sorry for the short post.  Hope you like the restaurant and brewery reviews.

I know, I usually do not publish selfies on my blog.  However, I was giving my workshop on photography and was illustrating a poing.  so here it is.  Not a great photo, but a neat reminder of my visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment