Friday, January 30, 2015

Newport News (1/29/2015)

Last night was a special evening, we went to see a concert of Zap Mama and Antibalas at the Ferguson on Newport News.  It was a great concert.  I could not help taking this classic picture during our walk from the parking garage to the concert hall:


The concert hall is on the campus of Christopher Newport University, and it was built not so long ago.  When we moved into the area in 2000 there was no Ferguson Center.

The concert was great!  It's a pity that it was not well advertised.  I never saw it announced in the newspaper or not even a small article on this wonderful lady.  Zap Mama has a interesting history.  She was born in the same country I was born (the Congo) in and I guess that gives me somewhat of an emotional alignment with her.  I have been following her music since the mid 1990 and like it a lot.  Hence my excitement of seeing her life.  It was absolutely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment