Thursday, May 25, 2023

Retirement, trolling and boycots (5/25/2023)

Oh crap, I had 190 views of my blog yesterday! The previous week I had none, zero. What happened? Here I just read a few minutes earlier that Russia put a restriction or boycott on 190+ U.S. citizens, mostly enemies of tRump. Had the Russians been trolling my pages and have they been trolling me and put a boycott on me?

Nah, on further research on the announcement from Russia, I am not on the list (yet?) and I am still free to travel. This despite I have been strongly opposed to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and been even more critical of tRump in the various blogs I have written. I have had a lot of visits from the Russian Federation, but no, I have not been blackballed, yet.

Honestly, I do not think that black balling would stop me from criticizing either tRump or Russia and Putin. Moreover, I will always continue fighting for the environment and against global climate change. Yes, it is amazing that already from a distance, Putin is trying to influence the 2024 election by putting a boycott om tRump enemies, instead of only boycotting folks who have to do with trying to stop his crimes in Ukraine.

But this still makes me wonder why for a week or maybe a couple of weeks I have a trickle of visits to my blog and then all the sudden I get 190 hits. Crazy, but of the 199 views this past week, 100% were on Chrome, 189 were from Windows machines, nine Linux and one Mac. Most of my visitors were from Russia (190), eight from the U.S. and one from somewhere else. It makes you wonder, doesn’t it! The posts being viewed are all over the place, maybe I need to give better key words to some of my posts so my Russian friends can see where I talk about him or that twice impeached, recently indited and convicted sex offender who claimed to be a president was discussed in my blogs.

No, my blogs are varied but my retirement will be soon, and I can finally be let loose. I can do more for the environment and write more about my more liberal leaning politics. However, as I have been hinting at, during the past 5 or so years, I have been working on what might eventually become a book on stormwater. I am planning to publish some of my writings from the draft of this book idea that I think might be useful to my general readership and the public. Don’t worry, there will be occasional political, social, and environmental commentary peppered into my posts. Stay tuned. I will try to keep writing and continue being opinionated at times.
I took this photograph on the day before the last day of teaching.  I taught a photography class and showed the folks how to use the timer on my cell phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment