Sunday, January 17, 2021

Are we living on a movie set? (1/17/2021)

Oh wow, 2021 is starting out with a bang. Here I thought it could not get worse. We are setting record after record CORONA virus cases and deaths, and we are coming off a week where we had a coup attempt. tRump is quickly becoming the mass-murdering chief! The proud boys, skin heads, neo-Nazis, Q-anons, and other right wingnuts attacked the capitol in Washington DC to stop the certification of the election. As my wife commented on the 6th: “It feels like we are living in a movie.”

I am going to make this short, but I am just hoping that this week’s events will be peaceful and that we can get rid of this failure of a president, this demagogue, who somehow has been able to convince somewhere around 30% of the people that he is the next coming of whatever, the chosen one. I am still amazed how he was able to convince these folks he was special, instead of a charlatan. But then Hitler was able to do the same. 

I just watched a video where Arnold Schwarzenegger, the ex-governor of California and body builder, former citizen of Austria, compared it to Crystal Nacht in Germany. As he mentioned that night in 1937 the German “Proud Boys” rioted and broke a lot of windows in Jewish establishments in Germany. This was really the start of Hitlers fascist reign. Something to be proud of, eh boys? 

All I know is that we live in anxious times. There is a large group of people that are hell bend on stopping the change in leadership of our country. They have been whipped up by the current occupant of the White House and his cronies. I just hope that the next few weeks, or four years will be uneventful. All I can do is blog, express my feelings, and when it gets too much, I go out into the woods to destress and forest bathe. The other thing I can do is work for what I believe, just like what those violent folks are doing; however, I will be doing it in a peaceful way for democracy, social, economic, racial and gender equality. I will be doing that through my blog, by the way I live and through my church: the UU.

I took this photograph a few days ago at my favorite pond behind my home during a lunch-time walk.  Nice to be out and take in nature, meditate and relax!

"Please give me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference!"

No comments:

Post a Comment