Monday, December 30, 2013

Seaford Yacht Club (12/29/13)

I went to inspect the new (old) port (window) that I installed on my sail boat the day before (http://www.seafordyachtclub.com/).  It was a restoration job, and I had done my best to make it work.  It had literally rained cats and dogs the whole morning and early afternoon, and I was curious about the effectiveness of my restoration job.  This photo was taken from the boat; you can see the rain clouds in the distance and the shimmering of the wet dock and boats.

The restoration job did not work, the port leaked like a sieve, something I was afraid of.  Very disheartening, and it is back to the boat to take it out and do it a different way, that I know will work.  This was a case of one step forward, two steps back.  Oh well, a learning experience.  But it was a beautiful afternoon after all the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment